Archant's warranty policy covers our products for 12 months from the purchase date (unless otherwise stated for a particular product or range or products). Warranty claims cover any fault, defect or failure occurring as a result of the manufacturing process. Damage or faults occurring as a result of misuse, accident, or wear and tear are not covered by our warranty policy. If the product is still under warranty then the repair will be at our expense including the freight to return the repaired or replacement product. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired or replaced, however, the cost of the repair or replacement will be charged to the customer.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by Archant Ltd. In the event that goods sold are faulty, you as a customer have the right to a repair, replacement or a refund. Cover of related costs is not compulsory, as per the Consumers Guarantee Act; however Archant covers rework costs in good faith.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur. Where this occurs, we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated and reserve the right to cancel your purchase.
Archant Warranty Policy has four solutions to any claim made:
- Wherever possible we will endeavour to repair any fault to a factory issue standard and return it to you at no charge
- Where repair is not possible or practical we will replace the product with the same or similar product
- If a repair or replacement is not possible due to the product being unavailable we will exchange it for any of Archant products of the same value as your original purchase price
- Where none of the above solutions is possible or practical then you have the option of receiving a full refund or store credit upon return of the faulty goods.
Refusing or cancelling orders
In the unlikely event that the goods or services ordered are no longer available we reserve the right to refuse or cancel an order. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders that we believe, solely by our own judgement, to be placed for commercial purposes, e.g. any kind of reseller. We also reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders that we believe, solely by our own judgement, to have been placed fraudulently.
While we endeavour to ensure that the price and description of goods or services is accurate, if there is an error in the process of listing a product or service on our website or a technical error in the processing of your order we reserve the right to refuse or cancel the order. Our right to cancel orders applies to orders that have been accepted.
Rework Claim Pre-approval Requirement
Archant requires a rework claim to be lodged prior to any rework being completed; any rework arranged prior to approval will result in the claim being rejected. Please refer below to place a claim.
Terms and Conditions
All products at fault must be returned in original condition with packaging (where applicable) along with all components supplied. Archant Ltd reserve the right to reject any rework claims at anytime if we deem the installation of the product has not been completed in a professional manner.
After we have assessed your claim there are three options available:
- Refund: A refund will be made in the same tender as the original purchase for all cash sale purchases.
- Credit Note: The issuing of a credit note for Heritage Trade customers.
- Repair or Replace: If the returned product is still under warranty then the repair or replacement will be at our expense. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however, the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer. In some cases we may not be able to repair or replace your product due to availability or discontinuation of that particular product line, in which case we will replace the goods with a product similar or offer a full refund upon return of the faulty product. See Warranty Policy above
Sending a product back to us
Please contact our Warranty Returns Team via email here, They will be able to assist you through the warranty process, to assist with this process please advise the order number, name of the item at fault and the full details of the fault. Once we have received the information we will assess the warranty claim and contact you to arrange the best solution for you. Contact our Customer Service Team for a Returns Authorisation number prior to sending any goods back. Using a good carton, return package via insured Courier Post Mail or other Parcel Carrier of your choice
Send returns to:
- North Island – Archant Ltd, 700 C Omahu Road Hastings 4120
- South Island – Archant Ltd, 31 Disraeli St, Addington, Christchurch 8024
Keep a record of your shipment details until you have received your replacement, credit or refund
For additional information on our return policies, please contact our Customer Service team on 0800 272 4268 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org